Have I told you guys that I like to bake? Actually, I LOVE to bake. Once upon a time a younger, more risk taking version of myself started a cupcake business. I did several weddings, large events and small orders as well! It was fun at first. Then my nerves got shot. Trying to bake hundreds of cupcakes by yourself, packaging and delivering them can be quite scary! Not to mention doing it all while being a stay at home Mom to very small children. My husband was a great help and encourager during those days. But eventually, I just wore out. I didn’t want to bake for a business anymore. I wanted to bake for fun! So I spent many afternoons in the kitchen developing recipes. These delicious cookies are from one of those times.
They are buttery, chewy, with just the right amount of sweetness. Okay lets get started!
The ingredients are simple. Just a little flour, sugar, butter, egg, and plenty of white chocolate chips and pecans!
Drop that delicious dough by the spoonful onto a cookie sheet and bake away!
Little bits of heaven!
They have the perfect texture! The pecans add a nice crunch.
Let me know if you bake these. I hope you enjoy them as much as my family and I do!
White Chocolate Pecan Cookies
- 1 stick Butter softened
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar firmly packed
- 1/2 cup White Sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup White Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Pecans roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream together the butter, brown sugar, white sugar and egg until the mixture is light a fluffy. Mix in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly add the flour mixture into the butter mixture. Stir together until fully incorporated and dough is formed.
- Stir in the white chocolate chips and pecans.
- Drop the dough by the tablespoon full onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake cookies at 375 degrees for 13 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove cookies from baking sheet and allow them to cool on paper towels or a wire baking rack.